Yoshie:
>However, _none_ of them argues that capitalism emerged at once,
>"fully fledged," like the birth of Athena from the forehead of Zeus!
>The emergence of capitalist social relations was a drawn-out
>_process_ (not a linear Progress), born of contingent outcomes of
>class struggles in Europe, Africa, & the so-called New World.

I guess I must have read a book by another Ellen Meiksins Wood. Or maybe it
is the same one that Ricardo is reading. It is very specific and very
categorical that capitalism arose in the English countryside in the 1500s
and 1600s independently of ANYTHING else going on in the world. It was an
INTERNAL development that grew out of the specific forms of English
feudalism. Period.

Louis Proyect