> Ricardo: This is over!!!!  The subject is exhausted.

That depends on how much depth a person wants. I think I have
said something different in every post except when clarity required
it. I was just about to examine Wood's argument in light of  some
recent research - sources which no one has ever mentioned in this
list, and which therefore could not have beed exhausted. Comninel
has just published a long (54 page) article in the Journal of
Peasants Studies on this very subject. Or, if you think you have
exhausted this subject, perhaps you should tell us.

But am no stupid, I know the problem is really me, otherwise I
wonder why you're allowing the endless repetitions going on in the
other two threads on "incomplete abstractions" and "slavery"???