From: Drewk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 11:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:23914] RE: Re: RE: marx's proof regarding surplus value
and profit

I agree that "Not all disagreement is maliciously motivated
attempt to "suppress" the truth."  So how do we decide in a
particular case whether it *is* a suppression of the truth?   (I
leave aside the issue of motives.)

It is one thing to claim to prove error or internal inconsistency
when one can prove it.  It is another thing to claim it when one
cannot.  When the alleged proofs have been disproved and one
*continues* to claim it, that is clearly an instance of
suppression and clearly an ideological attack.  When one does not
retract the falsified "proofs" in the face of disproof, that is
clearly an instance of suppression and clearly an ideological
attack.  None of this has anything to do with "disagreement."

Am I right or not?  If not, why not?

It is one thing to claim to that one can jettison Marx's own value
theory, and still hold that surplus-labor is the sole source of
profit, when one can prove it.  It is another thing to claim it
when one cannot.  When the alleged proofs of this proposition have
been disproved and one *continues* to claim it, that is clearly an
instance of suppression and clearly an ideological attack.  When
one does not retract the falsified "proofs" in the face of
disproof, that is clearly an instance of suppression and clearly
an ideological attack.  Again, none of this has anything to do
with "disagreement."

Am I right or not?  If not, why not?

Andrew Kliman