Here's why Ken Hanly's supposed analogy is ludicrous.

1.  I was dealing with cases in which there are various possible
interpretations of what someone said.  In Ken's analogy, by
assumption, there are not various possible interpretations of what
someone (X) says.  Rather, there are various interpretations of
certain other events.  This is not a reductio ad absurdum.  It is
a bait and switch.  (What's the Latin for bait and switch?)

2.  I indicated that it was illegitimate to use one possible
interpretation of what Keynes said to conclude that s/he "can't be
right."  To arrive at that conclusion, one needs to show that
there is *no* interpretation possible under which what Keynes said
is right.  Nothing I wrote states or implies that the existence of
another interpretation proves that the first interpretation is
incorrect.  In Ken's analogy, however, the existence of another
interpretation (according to which X's statement makes sense)
supposedly disproves his own interpretation of X.  Another bait
and switch.

3.  Nothing I wrote states or implies that the existence of
another interpretation proves that Keynes' critics are wrong about
the substantive matter.  In Ken's analogy, however, the existence
of an interpretation of objective events according to which X is
not necessarily wrong about the substantive matter supposedly
disproves Ken's claim that X is wrong.  Still another bait and
switch.

Andrew Kliman