COMMENT 1  Andrew Kliman's post is a PERFECT example of the fallacy of
petitio principii or begging the question.
One basic form of this fallacy consists in assuming as true what is being
questioned. I questioned his identification of a certain argument as
fallacious by attempting to show that the argument he uses to establish it
as fallacious is not valid. That was the point of  the analogy. It was also
meant as a reductio. In his reply Andrew claims that my remarks are a
perfect example of the fallacy he pointed to. But they can only be a perfect
example of that if  what he pointed to is a fallacy. But that was the
question that is at issue. So his reply assumes as true what is being
debated. If what he says is true then I am wrong no matter whether my
response perfectly exemplifies his fallacy or is more like a Mother Goose
rhyme.

COMMENT 2  Kliman's response does not prove that my response is a PERFECT
example of  the fallacy he points out.

Why? Because his response  is fallacious: a) because it is a petitio and b)
if what Kliman points out is a fallacy,  his own comments exemplify that
fallacy and hence are fallacious for that reason as well.

Prove 2 b) please..

Kliman interprets my remarks as an interpretation of his remarks as
ludicrous. But no proof or even evidence is given for this.
 He certainly hasnt even begun the monumental task of showing that there is
"no" interpretation under which I might be right.

Since he hasnt proved this it follows that his own argument is a PERFECT
example of the fallacy he points out. But if his argument is fallacious then
it does not prove that my own argument is a PERFECT example of  his fallacy.

Cheers, Ken Hanly
-----