Joel Wendland wrote:

Carrol said:
The situation is in fact going to get
worse the longer the u.s. invaders stay there.

Have I disagreed with this statement? Somewhere along the way, Carrol has come to think that I support the presence of U.S. troops in Iraq. You'll have to check the archives and find a quote.

It's hopeless; forget it. No matter how many times you say you're against the U.S. occupation but think some sort of international presence excluding the U.S. might be warranted, he'll quote Kipling's "White Man's Burden" at you. Even if you quote Iraqis, like the two Communist parties, making that argument, or cite serious polls of Iraqis to that effect. Best to move on.

Doug