Charles Brown wrote: > CB: Yep , and like you predicted , this crisis of US finance capital will > probably cause the Chinese Commnist Party, of all people, to lose state > power to....??? ( ????? smile; Now that's complexity theory and wishful > thinking)
I don't know what specifically this is a reference to, since Charles does not quote me on the subject of the CCP. But what I suggested (in a frankly speculative missive awhile back) is the possibility of the CCP _breaking up_. In that case, the CCP would lose power to a fragment of its old self or two warring factions of its old self. Of course, as I said, I don't know what's going to happen. I wasn't suggesting that the CCP might lose power opening the door to the people actually taking over and establishing democracy, but I guess it's possible. -- Jim Devine / "Nobody told me there'd be days like these / Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama." -- JL. _______________________________________________ pen-l mailing list [email protected] https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l
