Chris Dolan wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2006, at 11:01 PM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
>> metayml_conforms_spec currently very much busts the CPANTS game. I'm
>> checking if the files comply to META.yml spec 1.2. Most don't, because
>> they seem to use 1.0
>> Should I switch to 1.0-checking?
>
> No.  The CPANTS game is a tool for change.  We might as well encourage
> people to change to the current spec.
>
> Chris

I don't agree... unless all of the various "make dist" commands within
M::B, EU::MM, etc actually always make the META.yml up the latest
version of the spec.

If a META.yml has declared itself as 1.0 version, then it need only to
be 1.0 compliant, and not 1.2 compliant. There no need to force an
upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2. The author has done the right thing and need
not be punished.

Now, for all META.yml files that don't declare a version at all...
that's a different story.