In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ricardo
SIGNES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * David Golden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-02-28T22:39:01]
> > Is there a de facto standard for custom extensions to META.yml?  (I
> > didn't see one in the spec.)  An example might be fields beginning
> > with a capital letter or "X-foo" style extensions.  E.g.
>
> Why not:
>
>   extensions:
>     CPAN::Reporter:
>       cc_author: 0

I think in some cases this might work, but I can imagine options that
I'd want, such as cc_author, that future modules or tools might use. I
won't know of them a priori, but it's likely that my answer to them
will be the same.

This proposal might be fine for some things that want to encapsulate
some settings, but I predict there'll be some overlap if this ever gets
popular.