In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ricardo
SIGNES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * brian d foy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-03-03T13:31:15]
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ricardo
> > SIGNES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >   extensions:
> > >     CPAN::Reporter:
> > >       cc_author: 0
> >
> > I think in some cases this might work, but I can imagine options that
> > I'd want, such as cc_author, that future modules or tools might use. I
> > won't know of them a priori, but it's likely that my answer to them
> > will be the same.
>
> If you don't know that CPAN::Reporter uses
> extensions/CPAN::Reporter/cc_author,
> you won't know that it uses cc_author, either.

I'm not talking about the particular field name, but the idea that I'd
want to say in META.yml "Don't send me mail", or whatever setting I
want.

Instead of having to disable (or enable) CC for every new tool, I'd
want a setting that new tools could look at without me having to change
the META.yml in all of my distributions then re-uploading them all.