(Mark-Jason Dominus) wrote:

> For my conference talks and corporate classes, I make my slides with a
> home-grown piece of software, called 'txt2slides'.  The software is a
> big pile of hacks, but I'm very happy with it.  txt2slides takes a
> slide file, which is almost plain text, and turns it into a series of
> HTML files, one per slide.

Randal and i did something similar at WebBuilder 2001 this
month.  i was supposed to make a PDF file, which we normally
do, but Framemaker was complaining.  Jeffery Zeldman had just
given a big talk on style sheets and XML, so we hacked up an XML
version of the slides, wrote a small program to parse it, then
applied cascading style sheets to the very simple HTML.

i put everything in CVS:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/brian-d-foy/Builder2001/

Perlpoint, a similar program, does about the same thing the this
or txt2slides does, as well, but i wanted to use XML so that
we could use the data with some of our xml2mif things. :)
--
brian d foy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Perl services for hire
CGI Meta FAQ - http://www.perl.org/CGI_MetaFAQ.html