Dennis Daupert <> wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> Most of my perl programming is on unix; my windows knowledge is
> limited.
> So, please be gentle ;-)
>
> I have an app that produces data files on one unix machine, then uses
> scp to move those over to another machine for further processing. The
> system architecture dictates the two-machine arrangement. Management
> has asked me to port that app to a windows-based system with the same
> two-machine architecture.
>
> I don't know of a free (as in both beer and non-beer) windows
> equivalent to scp OR sftp. I'm seeking advice on a solid, dependable,
> and secure way to move files between machines without incurring
> additional expense. I've wondered whether there may be Perl modules
> that will map drives and copy files across that would do so on an
> automated schedule, and I've been searching CPAN. But before heading
> too far down that path, I thought I'd ask the list for advice.

There are command line tools in cygwin and putty. There are also perl
modules, e.g. Net::SSH2.

HTH

--
Brian Raven
not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.