Gopal V:
# But coming back to parrot ... I don't think parrot uses UTF8
# (from what I could gather it seems to be all ASCII ?) ... Or
# is UTF8 hiding in
# somewhere ?...

Parrot will have a "default string type" that's build-specific, so that
e.g. Asian nations can have whatever the most popular encoding is in
their country.  The "default default string type" will be utf8, but it's
currently ASCII because Unicode Is Hard.

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

"If you want to propagate an outrageously evil idea, your conclusion
must be brazenly clear, but your proof unintelligible."
    --Ayn Rand, explaining how today's philosophies came to be