At 7:27 PM +0530 1/12/03, Gopal V wrote:
But coming back to parrot ... I don't think parrot uses UTF8 (from what
I could gather it seems to be all ASCII ?) ... Or is UTF8 hiding in
somewhere ?...
Unicode is hiding in the ICU directory, which we need to get integrated. We'll probably be mostly UTF16, only because that's what ICU uses and there's no good reason to reinvent the wheel again. All three encodings and their endian variants will be supported, as will a variety of other encodings and character sets.

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even