Dan Sugalski wrote:

> At 12:33 PM 2/1/2001 -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> >
> >Have a look at AnyLoader in CPAN.
>
> Looks pretty close to what's needed. Care to flesh it out (and streamline
> it where needed) to a PDD?

There's also autouse, a pragma that ships with Perl. Again, not exactly
right but getting there.

There's the big problem of overlapping function names. If I say:

   $name = param('name');

I probably mean "use CGI". But maybe there's some other module that has
param() also? What if I really mean "use CGI::Minimal"?

There's also RFC 153: "New pragma 'autoload' to load functions and
modules on-demand", which I authored. I don't think that the exact
mechanism for it is correct at all, but it does talk about some of these
concerns.

Michael if you want any help on the PDD let me know.

-Nate