At 2:44 PM -0600 11/6/02, Allison Randal wrote:
The obstruction you're imagining doesn't exist. The "Parroteers" ask for
guidance from Dan. When Dan feels the details aren't clear enough yet he
brings the issue to the rest of the design team. When none of us can
give him an immediate answer (because we haven't covered it yet) and it
is an important issue standing in the way of progress in Parrot, we sit
down and hash it out until we have a clear answer.
Shhh! Don't tell, but I really just make it up. ;-)

Now, to put on my cranky curmudgeon implementor's hat...

The answer's to Just Do It. (Which I know you've already done a number of times) Try for consensus to some extent, and try to get word on the bits that are up in the air from Larry so you've a good chance of it being correct, but... do it. Do it, send it in to the list, and be done with it. Unless you're covering already-well-hashed ground, nobody'll get unhappy and if we do, well, we're adults, we can deal with it.

In general, coordinating with Allison's a good idea, so we don't have a dozen people doing the same thing, and so the results can be mushed together, but there's too much to do for a single person, and none of us like being choke points for progress.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk