On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:01:51AM -0700, Thom Boyer wrote:
> Mr. Nobody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 3)  "Do you care about readability at all? It seems to me that ~> and <~
> have no use except making perl 6 uglier and more complicated than it already
> is."
>
> I think ~> and <~ look pretty nice. They read well as a single symbol, they
> make good sense, they make it possible to say more directly exactly what
> your code means, they show the direction of data flow quite well, and the
> "ripply water" look emphasizes the plumbing analogy.

Yep.  The only niggling problem that I have is that ~> and <~ aren't
stringy but the look like they should be.  If we hadn't already taken
->, I'd've preferred to see -> and <- instead.

But, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever Larry decides.  He always seems to
apply the appropriate discriminator in his synthesis of ideas.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]