Mr. Nobody:
# It's not letting you do anything that you couldn't do before
# with normal function calls and assignment.

We're writing a useful language, not a Turing machine.

# I see it as making a bad idea even worse. I've never liked
# having one thing doing multiple completely different and
# ambiguous actions. (Does "$a ~> $b" mean "$b.($a)" or "$b =
# $a"? How about "if $a ~> foo {...}"?)

It means C<$a.infix:~>($b)>, where $a's class inherits:

        method infix:~> (Perl6::Call $call);
        method infix:~> (Code $sub);
        method infix:~> ($target);

Or somesuch.

# I agree that they look nice. It's a shame that they're being
# used for such an awful proposal.

He was saying that they look nice for this application, so you obviously
don't agree.

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

"If you want to propagate an outrageously evil idea, your conclusion
must be brazenly clear, but your proof unintelligible."
    --Ayn Rand, explaining how today's philosophies came to be