On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:52 AM, John Macdonald <j...@perlwolf.com> wrote:
> Yep, I've done that.
>
> But comparing the difference in effort between:
>
> - press a key
> - Google for a web page that has the right character set, cut, refocus, paste
>
> means that I don't bother for the one or two "weird" characters
> every few months that is my current Unicode usage.  If I were
> working with Unicode frequently, it would be worth setting up
> links and mechanisms, or learning the keyboard compose sequences
> for frequently used characters.  I'm sure that there are many
> people in a similar situation.

Agreed.  Given the frequency with which « and » come up in Perl 6, I'd
love to be able to have a simple keyboard shortcut that produces these
two characters.  Unfortunately, I am often stuck using a Windows
system when coding; and the easiest method that I have available to me
there (that I know of) is to pull up Character Map.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang