A bit of a digression around marketing/evangelizing

> When I wanted to learn DataScience, courses using R and Python were
> readily available. Even though I had been using Perl for 20 years, I did
> not even know where to start in the Perl ecosystem!

I've wondered why PDL isn't more popular, more of a thing in the wide world
of science. https://metacpan.org/pod/PDL

And PDL was very much in mind during the early & mid design stages of
Perl6. There's a huge opportunity for Perl6 to be a great platform for data
science if it can add PDL's data-crunching performance & expressiveness to
its already wonderful concurrency models.

-y