On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Nathan Torkington wrote:

> Closed-for-posting mailing lists that are publically readable is the
> best suggestion we've had to meet these ends so far.
>
> Anyone have better suggestions?

Just that it not be *too* hard to get on the closed lists (and,
symmetrically, that it not be *too* hard for the list chair to bounce
someone *off* the list if that person is judged to be persistently and
seriously damaging to the list).

I'm not suggesting anything formal here--in fact I think it's best if we
make it up as we go along--just that we record our overall expectation
that we're reasonable people trying to balance conflicting needs in a
reasonable way.

    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042