On Mon, 04 Dec 2000, Nathan Torkington wrote:
> Nice.  An apprentice is an administrative assistant with a career
> path.  If people are happy to do this, we'd be happy to use them.  The
> chairs proved weak at reporting on their list's activities (I know I
> was) so being able to delegate that to someboy who wanted to do it and
> help, would be good.  And as we get able to do more technical things,
> the tasks we delegate can be technical too.

One need only spend an hour or so watching CNN's or MSNBC's Florida election
coverage to notice that the only political interviewees with a general clue
are all the former law clerks for some judge...  There's a reason for that.

No one likes to do what the military affectionately calls "shit details," but
I hope that both sides can benefit from it.

I am slightly worried about the "career path" dead-ending at personal lackey,
however.  But, hey, that's why we're getting paid the big bucks, right?

  --
Bryan C. Warnock
bwarnock@(gtemail.net|capita.com)