On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 09:08:49AM -0500, Garrett Goebel wrote:
:
: I share Tom's view here. I think it would be a bad idea to distribute the
: source tarball for the Core Perl Distribution without documentation. Has
: anyone made a case for the size of download issue? I was under the possibly
: mistaken impression that this was a size of install thing.

I don't think that the documentation should be removed from the core
distribution, BUT I do think that there should be an "easter egg" that
allows people to build a Perl distribution without documentation or
whatever else they choose.  There have been times that I've
wanted/needed to build a "tinyperl" (even smaller than "miniperl" :-) )
and I've had to hack things significantly to Make It So.

If I was the only one who ever wanted to do this, I wouldn't have
brought it up, but since I'm sure that I'm not the only one... :-)

--
Nathan Patwardhan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]