TC>     +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
TC>     | Permit me to repeat: if you remove the documentation, you will no |
TC>     | longer have a functioning Perl distribution.                      |
TC>     +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

TC> And yes, I intend to make more of these, too.

That is not a valid argument. perldiag.pod is just as much a part
of an _executable_ perl as is Config.pm.

The perlfunc.pod and the rest. The embeded pod documentation is not
needed on a production only server. And if the .pm can be boiled
down to bytecode then there is no need for the .pm

Will you require that the .pm be installed on a production box just
so that embedded pod will be available?

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183