MGS> The problem of production machines vs devel machines isn't such a big
MGS> deal.  Production machines generally have plenty of space and only one
MGS> copy of Perl.

Sez You.

I've got installations where I have to hunt around to find space.
The space is generally not organized around having a large quantity
of free software.

And even the sysops who set up the machines take a while to learn their
lessons and make the third-party partitions large enough.

And once they've done it wrong. It stays wrong until the machine is
replaced.

*sigh*,
<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183