On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 12:37:31PM +0100, Michael Mathews wrote:

> I use the expat and libxslt libraries (both in C) regularly via perl,
> so I guess I must agree that there is a distinction -- thank you for
> clarifying that. But I can't think of any examples where I was stuck
> because I couldn't use a "library" only available in, say Python, or
> JavaScript in my Perl. But then I'm seeking to learn here so can you
> give a nice juicy example of a non-C library that would be a big plus
> to be able to include in Perl?

Log4java, although it's now been cloned as Log4perl.

More importantly from a perl programmer's point of view, I'd really like
the benighted heathen pythonistas to be able to use my fabulous perl
code.

    It's my experience that neither users nor customers can articulate
    what it is they want, nor can they evaluate it when they see it
        -- Alan Cooper