On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 05:53:20PM -0700, Ovid wrote:
> Since it looks like we're really going to have Perl6 within a year or so,
> what are the "must have" modules folks will want before they can consider
> using Perl6 in production? Right off the bat, I see a need for the following:

Too many people have said "it'll be over by christmas" for me to have
any confidence in such prognostications, but ...

>   DBI (I hear Tim Bunce is looking at this)
>   Template Toolkit (I've heard rumors that  Andy Wardley is considering this,
> but I'm not sure)
>   DateTime
>   CGI
>   Some object-relational mapper
>   mod_perl6 or some equivalent
>   An HTML parser
>   Various testing modules

I doubt a HTML parser is that important.  Something like Storable and
GDBM_File are though.

--
David Cantrell | random organic glop and a metric fuckton of electricity

I hate baby seals.  They get asked to all the best clubs.