On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 03:08:03PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:

> The word "CGI" generally speaks to an old, weak, and relatively
> inefficient technology ... modern proper stuff does not spin off a
> separate process for each server request; it reuses an existing
> server ala mod_perl.

To me the Commong Gateway Interface means a standard method for dealing
with data supplied by the user, nothing more.  It certainly doesn't
specify how you should implement it.  Indeed, every mod_perl application
I've seen uses CGI.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

Just because it is possible to do this sort of thing
in the English language doesn't mean it should be done