Richard Hainsworth wrote:

Consider the position you put me, or another sponsor, in.

I want to endorse everything Richard then went on to say.

I have already contacted Uri and expressed my dismay at his entirely inappropriate interjection of an advertisement for our Perl College event into this discussion about funding for critical Perl projects and personnel. And I am especially upset that anyone might ever feel pressured to be involved in any project or sponsorship just because my name and reputation were invoked on its behalf.

It's critical that we find ways to support those in the Perl community who are either building our future or (just as importantly) maintaining our present. But injecting UCE into such discussions does not further that goal, and I am sincerely sorry that it was done in my name.

Damian