It's not a hack and the use of SHA files is basic to the requirements
of how Perl 6 precomp works (totally different to how Perl 5 modules
are used).  Perl 6 is using bytecode not the actual perl module. This
is also a moving target with work continuing.

nine gave a good talk on this at the recent German Perl Workshop and
hopefully videos will appear soon.

--
4096R/EA75174B Steve Mynott <steve.myn...@gmail.com>