On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Richard Hainsworth
<rnhainswo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, for someone new to the Perl6 world, there needs to be some form of
> recommendation about useful "first" modules.

Agree, but would go further:

Someone new to Perl 6 should not need to make any decision regarding
modules and should not need to install anything else for the common
tasks. What are common tasks changes with time. These days accessing
SQLite, handling JSON, YAML, INI files, and even XML falls in that
place. Even simple web application development falls in that category.

IMHO if the distribution of Perl 6 (I guess I mean Rakudo Start) does
not come with such capabilities then it won't be able to compete with
languages such as PHP or Python because of
1) Analysis paralyzes
2) Lack of knowledge how to install
3) Lack of rights (technical or legal)

Gabor