Again, the problem is not and never has been the technical part,
but the data.  In short:

  * Finding a good source.
  * Getting permission for online publication.
  * Get it typed.
  * Find proof-readers.

And then different presentations (web, CD, ...) is just a matter
of an afternoon...

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:

> [snip]
> > I'm sure this dictionary must have been funded by the Iranian
> > government and no profits expected. I'm shocked to see that less than
> > a dozen US universities have purchased it. I should think the author
> > and publisher would be very happy to see it put online and all the
> > efforts go to some use.  Surely they will agree if their name is kept
> > with the data!  As for the technical part, I no longer have any doubts
> > as to the abilities of the members of this group, especially after
> > hearing the keyboard hack job for the sake of the ZWNJ earlier today!
>
> :-)
>
> I did the keyboard job just because I thought it's a lot easier to use
> Shift+Space instead of Shift+B, and also because I was in the process of
> typing in a lot of Persian data.  It took only about half an hour (not the
> time to download the MSKLC tool of course) and improved my typing speed
> considerably.
>
> About your proposal, I'm personally interested in doing the technical part
> of the job.  I volunteer to implement a web interface for the dictionary,
> and I can also provide the hosting for the web interface.  I can provide
> some amount of web space for the data as well, but I think we'll need other
> people's help as well, because I would guess the whole data would be *huge*.
> If the data has to reside on multiple web servers, I can code some sort of
> distributed query mechanism which transparently fetches the definitions for
> remote web servers and display them to the end user transparently.

> [ Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
> [ WWW: http://www.beginthread.com/Ehsan ]

--behdad
  behdad.org