Hi Connie,

I think the locale spec indeed aims to differentiate our script
from Japanese and Latin; just that.  A locale spec is designed to
be coded into software, which ain't have no sense of languages.
All it cares about is that the Arabic script uses Arabic shaping
rules and the 06xx block of Unicode characters; period.

behdad who's getting tired of this discussion ;)

--behdad
  behdad.org