Magnus Hagander wrote:

On a related note, this introduces dependencies on libxml2 and iconv.
These are both available from www.xmlsoft.org, precompiled for Windows, and are both on most unixes already, however, on Windows there is no standard place for them to live. There are two sensible options I can see for these, and wxWidgets:

C:\wxWidgets-2.6\
C:\libxml2\
C:\iconv\

Or

C:\pgadmin-prereqs (or some other name)
      \wxWidgets-2.6\
      \libxml2\
      \iconv\

Thoughts/preferences?

Wish we had easy soft links under win32...
I like the latter. Even better if it could be made a relative directory
wrt to the pgadmin directory. Say I have c:\src, then I could have
c:\src\pgadmin3 and c:\src\pgamdin-preqreqs. Or so.

+1.
Relative path should consider the multi-version situation (1.4 and HEAD). So the path should be something like ../pga-prereq. I wonder if VCxx will work correctly with that.

Regards,
Andreas