On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gabo...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am a little confused about some of my settings when it comes to map
>
> > linux/psql users.
>

> I think you're misunderstanding what the user-mapping stuff does.
>
> It does not silently translate the username in the connection request
>
> to something else; rather, it checks whether a user having the given
>
> external name is allowed to log in as a particular Postgres user.
>
> So there's nothing particularly wrong with your config files, but your

Then, if my files are correct, why can't I connect ?

 % psql --dbname=mattermost --username=mmuser
psql: FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "mmuser"

login with postgres is OK (pg_hba.conf settings: local
all                 postgres       trust):
 % psql --dbname=mattermost --username=postgres
psql (9.5.4)
Type "help" for help.

mattermost=# \q

I can't see why I can't connect as Postgresuser mmuser.