Hi,

On 2018-02-22 15:24:50 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> You could possibly make it work with more aggressive refactoring, but
> I remain of the opinion that this is a fundamentally bad idea anyhow.
> A GUC of this kind is just ripe for abuse, and I don't think it's solving
> any problem we really need solved.

Oh, and I actually find this a thing that I needed a couple times
before. Databases used as templates are occasionally useful. To fill
their contents one usually wants to connect to them occasionally, but
most of the time connections ought to not be allowed so creating a
database with them as a template actually works.  It's solvable via
other means, but not conveniently.

Greetings,

Andres Freund