On 12 May 2018 at 03:08, Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 11 release notes.  I
> will add more markup soon.  You can view the most current version here:
>
>         http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-11.html
>
> I expect a torrent of feedback.  ;-)

I wonder if 3cda10f41bfed -- "Use atomic ops to hand out pages to scan
in parallel scan." should be listed in the notes.

If so, I'd suggest something like:

Improve performance of Parallel Seq Scans with many parallel workers
(David Rowley).

I'd be more inclined to leave it off the notes if the improvement was
marginal, but it was a fairly considerable improvement, per my
benchmarks in [1].

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/cakjs1f9tgsphqbcopjv9_kupzvtlcz4jy%3db%3dbhqgakn7cyz...@mail.gmail.com