On 2020-04-23 07:31, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
I agree that full page writes can be used in this case, but I'm
wondering if that can be misleading for some reader which might e.g.
confuse with the full_page_writes GUC.  And as Justin pointed out, the
documentation for now usually mentions "full page image(s)" in such
cases.

ISTM that in the context of this patch, "full-page image" is correct. A "full-page write" is what you do to a table or index page when you are recovering a full-page image. The internal symbol for the WAL record is XLOG_FPI and xlogdesc.c prints it as "FPI".