On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 04:50:31PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Attaching remaining patches 0001 and 0003 from the v11 patch
> set(posted upthread) here to make cfbot happier.

Looking at patch 0002, the location of each progress report looks good
to me.  I have some issues with some of the names chosen though, so I
would like to suggest a few changes to simplify things:
- PROGRESS_COPY_IO_TYPE_* => PROGRESS_COPY_TYPE_*
- PROGRESS_COPY_IO_TYPE => PROGRESS_COPY_TYPE
- PROGRESS_COPY_TYPE_STDIO => PROGRESS_COPY_TYPE_PIPE
- In pg_stat_progress_copy, io_type => type

It seems a bit confusing to not count insertions on foreign tables
where nothing happened.  I am fine to live with that, but can I ask if
this has been thought about?
--
Michael