On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 17:24 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Simon Riggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> Can we call the function "minimal_update_trigger", rather than min_...
> >
> > "Minimal" really fails to convey the point here IMHO.  How about
> > something like "suppress_no_op_updates_trigger"?
>
> +1.  That's a much better name.

I think it means something to us, but "no op" is a very technical phrase
that probably doesn't travel very well. Not everybody Majored in Comp
Sci and speaks Amglish as their native language.

Certainly this intention is much better than "minimal", but a more
widely acceptable phrase is probably better. I will avoid trying to come
up with something myself though.