Rafael Martinez <r.m.guerr...@usit.uio.no> writes:
> I am probably missing the point here, why is it not supposed to show the
> size of the table(data) *without* indexes?

Because pg_relation_size is defined at the "physical" level of showing
one relation, where relation means a pg_class entry.  If you want
agglomerations of multiple relations, you can use
pg_total_relation_size, or build your own total if you have some other
usage in mind.  The one you propose seems fairly arbitrary --- for
example, if it includes the toast relation, why not the toast relation's
index too?  It's not like either one is optional from the user's
standpoint.