--On 22. Dezember 2009 15:11:40 +0100 Bernd Helmle <maili...@oopsware.de> wrote:

Bernd, there's a basic spec if you have time to work on this.

I see if i can get some time for it during christmas vacation (its on my
radar for a longer period of time). I'm still working on this NOT NULL
pg_constraint representation and would like to propose a patch fairly
soon for this.

Since i'm not able to finish those other things in time, i wrapped up my existing code for this issue and came up with the attached patch, which should implement the behavior Tom proposed. These are two new functions pg_table_size() and pg_indexes_size(). This patch also changes pg_total_relation_size() to be a shorthand for pg_table_size() + pg_indexes_size().

Barring any objections i'm adding this to the CF.

--
Thanks

        Bernd