Dave Page <dp...@pgadmin.org> writes:
> I've already implemented some simple qual pushdown in the redis FDW,
> and am planning to do something similar for MySQL - however I won't be
> surprised if I have to rewrite redisGetQual in
> https://github.com/dpage/redis_fdw/blob/master/redis_fdw.c for
> example.

OK, *now* we're on the same page.  This sort of experimentation is
exactly what I'm talking about: we'll certainly want to rewrite the code
once we have better infrastructure, but it's necessary to write some
throwaway code while we're learning what infrastructure FDWs want.

(I find it a bit weird btw that you seem to be doing that at execution
time not plan time...)