On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Alex Hunsaker <bada...@gmail.com> wrote:
> tldr:
>
> Seems to be broken by
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=4da99ea4231e3d8bbf28b666748c1028e7b7d665
> :
> commit 4da99ea4231e3d8bbf28b666748c1028e7b7d665
> Author: Robert Haas <rh...@postgresql.org>
> Date:   Mon Jun 27 10:27:17 2011 -0400
>
>    Avoid having two copies of the HOT-chain search logic.

Hmm... that's pretty terrible.  Yikes.  That commit wasn't intended to
change any behavior, just to clean up the code, so I think the right
thing to do here is figure out how I changed the behavior without
meaning too, rather than to start patching up all the places that
might have been affected by whatever the behavior change was.  I'm too
tired to figure this out right now, but I'll spend some time staring
at it tomorrow.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company