On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 08:26, Jaime Casanova <ja...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> Before reviewing the patch, I'd like to know: what's the purpose of this
>> view?
>> It's only debug purpose? ISTM that most users don't care about this view at
>> all.
>>

> yeah! you're right. most users won't care about it... did i tell that
> i added a track_recovery GUC so only users that wanted pay for it? i
> probably did not tell that :D

I haven't looked through the code in detail, but one direct comment:
do we really need/want to send this through the stats collector? It
will only ever have one sender - perhaps we should just either store
it in shared memory or store it locally and only send it on demand?

(apologies if it already does the on-demand thing, I only spent about
30 seconds looking for it and noticed it did go through the stats
collector...)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/