Excerpts from Jaime Casanova's message of mar feb 14 04:10:58 -0300 2012:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> wrote:
> >
> > I haven't looked through the code in detail, but one direct comment:
> > do we really need/want to send this through the stats collector? It
> > will only ever have one sender - perhaps we should just either store
> > it in shared memory or store it locally and only send it on demand?
> >

> fyi, i intend to send a reworked patch later today, it will store the
> info locally and send it on demand.
> about the _short_desc functions, i added that because i wanted to
> understand what was happening during recovery and the wal_record_type
> (xl_info) being a number is not that clear

Maybe it'd be clearer if you display it in hex and filter out just the
bits that are interesting for this use?  IIRC xl_info carries some other
bits than the ones to identify the record type, which could be
confusing.

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvhe...@commandprompt.com>