On 2013-08-29 14:40:24 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 08/29/2013 02:22 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > Still I don't think so correct solution is enabling a unbound SELECTs, but
> > correct is a fix a PERFORM and remove a necessity to use a PERFORM for call
> > of VOID functions.
>
> You have yet to supply any arguments which support this position.

I am not convinced that's enough of a reason, but the requirement to use
PERFORM for SELECTs that aren't stored anywhere actually has prevented
bugs for me. I am not convinced that's worth the cost since I also have
been annoyed by it several times, but it's not as crystal clear as you
paint it.

Greetings,

Andres Freund