On 11/16/2013 10:30 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Hannu Krosing <ha...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> Then perhaps name the "new binary json" as jsob (JavaScript Object Binary)
>> or just jsobj (JavaScript Object) and keep current json for what it is,
>> namely
>> JavaScript Object Notation.
> It’s still input and output as JSON, though.
Yes, because JavaScript Object Notation *is* a serialization format
(aka Notation) for converting JavaScript Objects to text format
and back :)
>  I still like JSONB best.
To me it feels redundant, like binarytextbinary

the binary representation of JSON is JavaScript(-like) Object, not
"binary json"

So my vote would be either jsobj or jsdoc (as "document databases") tend
to call the structured types "documents"

Cheers

--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant