On 11/17/2013 08:49 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
Now, if it turns out that the new hstore is not dealing with json input
and output, we could have json, jstore and hstore.
Jstore isn't the worst name suggestion I've heard on this thread.  The
reason I prefer JSONB though, is that a new user looking for a place to
put JSON data will clearly realize that JSON and JSONB are alternatives
and related in some way.  They won't necessarily expect that "jstore"
has anything to do with JSON, especially when there is another type
called "JSON".  Quite a few people are liable to think it's something to
do with Java.

Besides, we might get sued by these people: http://www.jstor.org/  ;-)

I don't think any name that doesn't begin with "json" is acceptable. I could live with "jsonb". It has the merit of brevity, but maybe it's a tad too close to "json" to be the right answer.

cheers

andrew