On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 01/16/2014 08:01 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us
>> <mailto:t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
>>
>>     Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net <mailto:mag...@hagander.net>>
>>
>>     writes:
>>     > One thing I noticed - in MSVC, the config parameter "krb5"
>>     (equivalent of
>>     > the removed --with-krb5) enabled *both* krb5 and gssapi, and
>>     there is no
>>     > separate config parameter for gssapi. Do we want to rename that
>>     one to
>>     > "gss", or do we want to keep it as "krb5"? Renaming it would break
>>     > otherwise working environments, but it's kind of weird to leave
>>     it...
>>
>>     +1 for renaming --- anybody who's building with "krb5" and
>>     expecting to,
>>     you know, actually *get* krb5 would probably rather find out about
>>     this
>>     change at build time instead of down the road a ways.
>>
>>     A compromise position would be to introduce a gss parameter while
>>     leaving
>>     krb5 in place as a deprecated (perhaps undocumented?) synonym for it.
>>     But I think that's basically confusing.
>>

>> Yeah, I'm not sure it actually helps much.
>>

>> Andrew - is this going to cause any issues wrt the buildfarm, by any
>> chance?
>>

> None of my Windows buildfarm members builds with krb5. Mastodon does,
> although it seems to have gone quiet for 16 days (Dave - might be worth a
> check). Probably the result of renaming krb5 would be just that the build
> would proceed without it. From memory I don't thing the config settings are
> sanity checked.

Yeah, sorry - we had an aircon failure where my animals live, so
they've been down for a couple of weeks. We've got a complete new
system 90% installed, that should be finished today, so hopefully one
of my colleagues can bring everything up again tomorrow (I'm out of
town for a couple of days).

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Core Team